Blankets For Foster Children

in , , by MyHobbyShop, 9:00 AM


I love making items and there is nothing more satisfying than creating something that you know someone is going to love and appreciate. That’s why when I heard of My Very Own Blanket I just knew I had to share it with you.

“My Very Own Blanket is an organization of volunteers dedicated to helping children in foster care feel valued and comforted.” They do this by delivering personalized handmade blankets to foster children. Imagine my surprise when I found out that they are a local organization, right here in Ohio!

I love that they make sure every blanket is personalized with the child’s name. How awesome. I know that most of these kids don’t get to take much with them when they leave home, so to have something handmade with love especially for them has to be amazing!

They accept blankets no smaller than 36 x 36 and no larger than 42 x 60. Don’t crochet? Don’t sew? Well, no worries, just visit their website to get instructions on how to make a No Sew Blanket!

This gives me so many ideas. One of them … Wouldn’t it be great to have a group of people make crocheted or knitted squares and put them together to make a blanket to donate? You can do this with your church group, Girl Scout troops, or just as a special project.

I am going to use this as motivation to finish my granny square blanket that has been sitting on my night stand for over a year!
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© MyHobbyShop · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS