Interview with Thedryad @ Etsy

in , , by MyHobbyShop, 8:00 AM

Tell us a little about yourself
My name is Danielle, and I'm from Long Island, NY. I'm a single mother of four (3 cats and 1 rabbit) who enjoys birding, playing guitar, and photography. I'm a vegan who loves animals, music, and being outdoors in any kind of weather.

Where does your inspiration come from?
Much of my inspiration comes from dreams; especially my photography and post-processing. I think many people have experienced that -- waking up with ideas in your head that seem to come from nowhere.


Who or what has been most influential in your craft?
I'm involved in many different crafts, so it's hard to say what has influenced me most; I'm self-taught at much of what I do. I've been crocheting for several years; getting more serious about photography for about 8 years; playing guitar for about the same amount of time. I think the online communities I'm involved in have played a huge role in giving me the motivation to improve and be more creative, for sure.

How would you describe your creative process?
My creative process is far from exciting. An idea comes to me and I try to make it a reality. Sometimes it just becomes a lesson in patience, lol. Many times, I'd scrap an idea after trying to make it work without success. Other times, things just seem to fall into place.


What makes your items “unique”?
My Etsy shop is fairly new. At the present time, I am only selling statement bracelets (and a few necklaces) solely for the purpose of spreading positive messages while donating funds to charity. I think my "vegan" items are unique simply because there aren't many bracelets and such available that state "vegan". I do have other items that state "love", "hope", "peace"... and all are sold for the purpose of charity fund raising. :-)

Tell us more about the charity you donate your proceeds to.
Donations will be made to the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary (www.woodstocksanctuary.org) in Willow, NY. Ever since I visited the sanctuary in 2008, I've been making small donations each holiday. The place is a haven for animals who have been rescued from deplorable conditions of abuse and neglect. It's a place of peace and hope, and I encourage everyone to visit them at least once. You won't forget it.


What celebrity would you most like to wear your items?
Oh, I would love to see Ellen DeGeneres wear one of my bracelets!

What's you favorite childhood memory?
One of my favorite childhood memories is climbing a tree right outside our kitchen door, with my favorite stuffed animal in my backpack. When I got as high as I could go, I just sat there watching the birds, feeling the breezes, and hugging my stuffie for the whole afternoon. If that tree was still there, I'd go back and do it again.

Visit Thedryad
Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/thedryad
SHARE 5 comments

Add your comment

  1. Thank you so much for the interview! I really enjoy your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nifty! Great to see you here. Nice interview, your personality really comes through. You are a beautiful person. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both the childhood memory and the vegan bracelets!

    Nice to "meet" you, Danielle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toatally LOVE this interview!! <3 Yayyy for vegans! And having pets as children!! Haha ;D Gonna have to check out her shop :) I need a vegan necklace ;)

    xoxo
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ghorghinahn - thank you!! And I know you are, but what am I? ;-)

    Taylor Lynn - aww, thanks. Nice to meet you, too!

    Jordan - thanks! I will have more necklaces up tonight. I made some silver-y ones that I think are really pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete

© MyHobbyShop · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS