Interview with RutisRoots @Etsy

in , , by MyHobbyShop, 8:00 AM

Tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Ruti and I'm 26 years old. I was born and raised in Jerusalem. I am currently studying Occupational Therapy in the city of Haifa, Israel. I have always loved art – painting, sculpting, photographing, designing, beading and more. In most recent years I have been drawn to the magic of folding recycled paper and creating various works of art with them. This kind of art combines my passion for shaping and color-matching, with my love for nature, while attempting to preserve and reuse pre-existing materials.

Where does your inspiration come from?
My inspiration comes from nature, colors and music.

When did you know you were an artist?
Ever since I remember myself I create things using many kinds of arts.




How would you describe your creative process?
I use paper from many sources like magazines, prospects, tea bag paper wraps and more. I've learned this kind of art from my grandfather's Philippian caregiver about 7 years ago. Since then I always carry a few paper pieces in my pocket.

First I cut the paper to the right size, then fold it to triangles and separate them by colors. Then I decide which colors to use and what the pattern and shape would be like, then build the structure. I also use glue for making it durable and a low bottom made from cardboard.



Apart from creating, what do you do?
I study and work with a child with autism. I like travelling, reading, watch movies and listen to music.

If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
I wish that I could move things using my thought only.



Visit RutisRoots:
Etsy Shop - http://www.etsy.com/shop/RutisRoots

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rutis-Roots/178675108809665?sk=wall
SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. EPIC AWESOME AMAZINGNESS!

    Wow. There are so many talented people out there - and Ruti, you are one of them!

    ReplyDelete

© MyHobbyShop · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS