Earth Day Creations

in , , by MyHobbyShop, 8:00 AM
Today is Earth Day. Its one day that inspires many people worldwide to demonstrate their commitment to reduce their environmental footprint.

Many of us artists look for unique way to reuse our scraps and left overs. My mom uses a lot of crochet thread and saves the wooden tubing. She gave me a huge shopping bag of these tubing and scrap fabric. At the time I wasn't sure what to make with them. They just sat in my workshop until I could come up with something creative.



After some brainstorming along with some trial and error I finally got one of my ideas to work. I turned these cardboard tubing into bracelets! I covered a few with some of the beautiful scrap fabrics my mother gave me. I also use some left over yarn for a few bracelets. I really love the way they came out. They are a lot softer than they look.






We can all make a difference on a daily basis to "go green". What are some things that you have done around your house or with your artwork to reduce and/ or reuse?
SHARE 5 comments

Add your comment

  1. What a wonderful idea! Will definitely make some of these with the wee one.
    Thank you for dropping in to Choochmagooz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea, and fabulous bracelets! What a great way to be earth-friendly. <3

    Happy Earth day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! I love the rainbow one in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! My daughter would wear them all day long. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

© MyHobbyShop · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS