Amariah Naturals

in , , by MyHobbyShop, 2:21 PM

I have the privilege to meet some very talented people in my life. It is always wonderful to see people put these talents to work.

Below is a brief interview of my friend Tracy Turner who makes and sells her very own line of skin care products called Amariah Naturals.


Where are you from? Tell us a bit about yourself.I grew up in Northeast Ohio, but have lived in various places around the country.

How did you decide on your business name? How did you originally get into starting you own business?The name of the business is actually a combination of my children's names that my husband came up with. After further research, we also discovered that the word Amariah means "God has said"

I got started doing this as a result of my children's bout with Eczema. Both my husband and I have it, and we passed it on to our children. My oldest had mild bouts with it, but when I had my daughter, at 2 weeks old she had a horrible outbreak all over her face, neck and chest. The pediatrician told me it was eczema and said that the only thing he could do is give me a prescription for a steroid cream. Even though I had used the cream on myself before, I was too afraid to use it on a brand new baby, and I began to research things that I could do that would more naturally help her.

I found through my research that most commercial products exacerbate dry skin issues like eczema, and the synthetic ingredients often keep moisture from helping the areas. I learned that most commercial soap is not actually soap at all, but detergent in bar form and this detergent are drying to skin. The first two things I learned how to do was make soap and body butter, so that I could bathe my children and moisturize their skin. In the beginning I only did it unscented, but being the "girlie girl" that I am, I had to have something that smelled pretty too, and began looking for fragrance suppliers that would not compromise the mildness of the soap and butter. My sisters began "taking" them from me, and letting their friends use them. We got so many requests for soap and skin care items that the rest is history.


Please describe your creative process. I can't say that I necessarily have a creative process. I love developing formulas and so I often can't sleep thinking of things that I want to try.

Which item do you enjoy making the most and why?I absolutely love making soap. It is fascinating to me that I can combine these fantastic ingredients, and through a chemical transformation can have an awesome, useable soap!!!!

What are the most effective ways you have promoted and marketed your business? What's your best marketing tip?Word of mouth works, and if you offer a good product and good service, people WILL promote your business to other people. Likewise, if you provide bad service, they will tell that too! I am very conscious of providing the best service possible at every opportunity.


Please show your support by visiting Tracy's sites below.

Website: http://www.amariahnaturals.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?sk=ff
SHARE 3 comments

Add your comment

  1. Great feature - her products look wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story on how she started making her products! That sea salt body polish sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of our grandsons have a problem with mild eczema and our son and daughter-in-law and tried so many products. Allergies are a problem in our family so we are all very conscious about ingredients. I will let her know about the website and I will check it out too. Thanks for the informative blog!

    ReplyDelete

© MyHobbyShop · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS