After completing a custom order I had some left over yarn. I decided to play around with the leftover yarn and see what I could come up with. It was my plan to try a plaid type design but it didn’t come out the way I had pictured it. But I think it’s nice and funky! It’s a really easy pattern than anyone can do so I thought I’d share. Now I don’t normally write patterns for anyone other than myself so if you don’t understand something let me know. A picture of the scarf I created is at the bottom of this blog.

Funky Striped Scarf: I used Worsted Weight yarn & a H hook – but you can use whatever works for you.

Scarf
Ch 202
Row 1: dc in 3rd ch from hook, *ch1, skip 1ch, dc in next ch* repeat from * across end with dc in the last ch, turn
Row 2: ch 3 (will count as first dc), *skip ch, dc in next dc* repeat from* across end with dc in the last ch, turn
Repeat row 2 to make scarf as wide as you want.

Weaving
Pick two or more colored yarn you would like to use to weave into your scarf. Measure and cut two strands of yarn. The length should be about 6inches longer than the scarf. Take the two strands of yarn and weave it through the “holes” (made by the chains) of the scarf. There is no right or wrong way to do this. Just use your imagination and make it as funky as you want!!
Enjoy!!!


SHARE 3 comments

Add your comment

© MyHobbyShop · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS